- Up to 80% off Hotels Worldwide
- Up to 50% off Selected Dublin Hotels
- Up to 65% off Selected Hotels in Tenerife
- Up to 40% off Selected Hotels in Majorca
The concept behind trivago was born back in 2005 by three school friends Rolf Schrömgens, Peter Vinnemeier and Stephan Stubner in Düsseldorf, Germany. Starting off with just €1.4 million as an initial investment, Trivago has been growing at a rapid rate ever since. It relies on a fast and intuitive search function, which enables accommodation bargain hunters to see around 1.3 million hotels in over 190 countries with different prices to compare. Each hotel page gives you a good description of the amenities and room features, then you can link through to a booking website to find out more and book if you feel it’s the right deal for you.
Trivago was the first site to provide a source of information independent from all other travel platforms and businesses, and has remained at the forefront of the travel compare market. Trivago is a place to go when you’re booking a business trip. A family holiday or romantic getaway can be arranged without any stress – and you can choose from a vast range of budget hotels or luxury hotels too if you feel like splashing out. Simply enter your preferred travel dates and destination to bring up tonnes of hotel results from trusted booking sites such as Expedia, Lastminute.com and Hotels.com.
- Choose and copy a code from the vouchercloud website.
- Click through to the Trivago website and refine your search criteria.
- Enter your travel dates and destination.
- You’ll be redirected to an affiliate booking site, where you can reserve the accommodation.
- Near the bottom of the booking page, you’ll see a voucher code box, fill it in and click ‘apply’.
- Fill in your bank details and personal details.
- Click ‘pay now’ to complete the transaction.
Check the social media channels for flash sales and special offers.
How many sites does Trivago scan when I make a search?
Trivago scans upwards of 200 hotel reservation websites, including Expedia and Booking.com. All providers are listed for you to look through.
Why doesn’t Trivago keep my booking information?
Trivago is a comparison site only, therefore your booking confirmation will only be stored on the booking provider’s website.
What if the price on Trivago differs from the price on the booking site?
It may be that taxes and fees have not been included on this Trivago platform.
Write an email via this contact form
Direct message via the social media channels below
Booking confirmation is sent out via email. You can also access booking info via your online account with the booking provider.
If you wish to cancel or amend a booking, you can do so through your online account, or by speaking directly with the hotel accommodation provider.
Trivago is online only, so you can browse 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.